POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : large scale water world : Re: large scale water world Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:41:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: large scale water world
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 May 2000 04:31:07
Message: <392b934b@news.povray.org>
Oceans have been done aplenty.  The trouble you might have most is to
get the correct appearance for both near and far.  That will possibly
entail doing texture shifting with distance.  In other words, adding the
camera distance value into textures in order to change them in a
predictable way.  And that might or might not be feasible.

Bob