POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  POVLOGO (Message 10 to 19 of 39)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: POVLOGO
Date: 1 May 2000 15:18:23
Message: <390dd87f@news.povray.org>

> It would be an impossible task to show all the possibilities of POV in a
single
> LOGO.

    That is not the task. I don't have the ability to show all the
possibilities of POV no matter what I do. The task is to make a nice thing
that can be use to represent POVRay. If that is not within my talents, I am
sure it is within the talents of some on this NG.

> In the 2D image case, it would be too limiting to use only POV.
> POV is a great renderer, but how many of us only use it to create a scene.

    I do. Not that that means anything, because the task is not to make a
scene, but only a nice -thing- of some description that can be used to
represent POVRay. If that is not within the possibilities of POVray then
something is wrong. That would mean that POVRay is so simplistic that
perhaps I -could- show all of it's possibilities in a single Logo.

Post a reply to this message