POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO : Re: POVLOGO Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVLOGO
From: Rune
Date: 2 May 2000 13:31:02
Message: <390f10d6@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote :
> > Please make me an exact copy of logo 12!
>
> I made one close enough, at least the
> birdwing part. It was easy.

Sorry, but what you think is close enough, I think is not close at all.
Vaihtoehto's logo paid great attention to the curves, thickness, and
balance. That is what made the logo so stylistic. All those details are lost
in your version which is a rough approximation. I am sure that Vaihtoehto
would agree. Sorry, but as I see it, your image has only confirmed what I
said.

> The rest might take me an hour or so but I
> won't do it because I have better things
> to do, but I hope you can see that it is
> not all that hard.

Sorry.

> The hardest part is thinking up a logo,
> after that, POV-Ray should be able to do it.

POV-Ray is intended to do 3D graphics, not 2D graphics. The competition is
about making a good logo. When you decide if a logo is good you look at the
end result; the creating process doesn't matter.

> I agree that it doesn't -have- to be the
> tool of choice for a good logo, but it
> -can- be so why not?

POV-Ray *can* make some good logos, but there's also some good logos it
*can't* make. We shouldn't discard any good logos. That's why.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,