POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  POVLOGO (Message 21 to 30 of 39)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Rune
Subject: Re: POVLOGO
Date: 2 May 2000 17:29:14
Message: <390f48aa@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote :
> > Sorry, but what you think is close
> > enough, I think is not close at all.
>
> Well what I meant is close enough to
> show that it could be done.

If some people think it is easier to do with another program, then why would
you force them to use POV-Ray?

> In 5 min., by hand with only a switching
> of screens as a guide, and it is close
> enough that most people would have
> recognized it. But if it had been done in
> a spline in the first place, it would be
> -exactly- as hard to duplicate in a spline.
> That is, not very hard.

POV-Ray is text-based, and it is not real-time. Therefore it may not be so
easy to duplicate a spline precisely in POV-Ray. I know that I had problems.

Then you didn't read what I wrote:
> POV-Ray *can* make some good logos, but
> there's also some good logos it *can't*
> make. We shouldn't discard any good logos.

Also remember that I make all my logos in POV-Ray. It's not my own interest
I'm trying to protect.

> I think you have a fixed Idea and don't want to see anything else.

Hey now! *I* think we should accept logos no matter which program they are
made with, but *you* think we should accept logos made with POV-Ray only!
Judging from that I would say that *you* are the one who have a fixed idea!

But let's not make this something personal.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,