POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO : Re: POVLOGO Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVLOGO
From: vaihtoehto
Date: 3 May 2000 06:55:39
Message: <391005ab@news.povray.org>
>POV-Ray is made to create 3D graphics, not 2D graphics. I think logo 12
from
>the old competition is simple and have some nice qualities, but it is
rather
>complicated to reproduce exact in POV-Ray. I think the main reason that
>POV-Ray is not that suitable to create 2D graphics is that it is
text-based,
>and that it is not real-time.

i agree (again :)..
i made that logo as a freehand vector drawing with some fixes afterwards..
drawing in realtime with pov-ray is (afaik) impossible..
painting oil-colours (which is *fun*, btw) is somewhat hard with pov-ray
too..
same applies to charcoal and watercolours and whatever..

but ray-tracing works fine, and i think that's the work pov-ray should be
used to.

instead of working like an bridge engineer with mathematics, i'd like to
work with intuition, no matter what tools i use.
and so i think it would have been impossible for me to create that logo in
pov-ray.
it propably could be re-created with pov-ray now it is done, but original
couldn't been.

i checked that "easy done 5 minutes pov spline" -version without ring (is
there more versions?), but it lacks that "impression".
i spent a lot more than five minutes when planning original, sketching it
and experimenting with it..

-alt