POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO : Re: POVLOGO Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVLOGO
From: Rune
Date: 4 May 2000 10:16:10
Message: <3911862a@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
> I agree that anyone should be able to
> submit anything and take their chances.

I'm glad we agree that the logos may be made with any program(s).

> But I feel I am within my rights to
> express my opinion about what values
> I might then make my judgment upon,
> with hopes of encouraging others
> to explore such values.

Of course.

> I will certainly score higher a logo
> made in POV with the code submitted.

Here is my opinion: Since a logo is just a piece of graphics, the only thing
that makes a logo good or bad is it's appearance. Therefore I think we
should judge from the appearance only.

Because appearance is the only thing that matters, the code is irrelevant.

BTW: How will you judge logos which is made in POV-Ray, but where the code
isn't provided?

> About the same reason I would score a
> little lower on the IRTC Technical
> value when someone uses a modeler.

The IRTC is not just about praising good images. It is also about praising
skills.

But in the logo contest the only goal is to find the best logo for POV-Ray.
It is *not* about praising the skills required to make that logo.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,