POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO : Re: POVLOGO Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVLOGO
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 2 May 2000 17:50:27
Message: <390f4da3@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote :

> Hey now! *I* think we should accept logos no matter which program they are
> made with, but *you* think we should accept logos made with POV-Ray only!

    Actually I never said anything about what we shouldn't accept, I simply
gave my opinion about how I would like to see the Logo's submitted and the
competition judged.

    I agree that anyone should be able to submit anything and take their
chances. But I feel I am within my rights to express my opinion about what
values I might then make my judgment upon, with hopes of encouraging others
to explore such values. I will certainly score higher a logo made in POV
with the code submitted.

    About the same reason I would score a little lower on the IRTC Technical
value when someone uses a modeler.