POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO : Re: Conclusion ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conclusion ?
From: Ken
Date: 5 May 2000 06:35:14
Message: <3912A360.3B1C65F8@pacbell.net>
ddombrow wrote:

> I think that's a fair assumption to make. And another thing: if it comes
> down to the reason that POV should be used is that the logo may then be
> rendered in any size, then I think it is worth noting that any vector
> graphics file may also be scaled up or down without loss. Not the case with
> bitmaps, however. Just a point to keep in mind.

Personally I think another good reason to use POV-Ray to create the
logo is so that it may be distrubted with the program. This way
anyone can use the logo "object" in one of their scenes if they wish
and could even customize it in any way they want. If the logo is
created in some high end vector graphics program then only the original
designer can modify it with any reasonable assurance of quality.
One thing that is universal about the people that visit these
groups and visit povray.org is that we all use POV-Ray. This means
anyone of us can render or modify the logo to suit our needs, use
it in our scenes, and create custom versions of it for our personal
web pages. If a non POV-Ray created logo is adopted then we are limited
in how it may be adapted to our personal needs. Rune argues uniformity
while I argue diversity.