POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question about bicubic patches Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Question about bicubic patches (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: David Curtis
Subject: Question about bicubic patches
Date: 10 Mar 2000 05:33:19
Message: <38c8cf6f$1@news.povray.org>
Questions, questions, questions, ...

I've just read from the docs that POV converts the bicubic patch into
triangles. My question is why? It seems obvious that it must have something
to do with
computation time, and the fact that there is no great advantage to spending
the time calculating a intersection point for every ray. Does that sound
right? Maybe there is another reason? Can a bezier surface be made with an
isosurface?

TIA.

--
Dave.