POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read fiasco Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:35 EDT (-0400)
  #read fiasco (Message 41 to 50 of 102)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: Re: BLESS YOU!
Date: 11 Aug 1999 09:48:12
Message: <37B17F22.C0E5A9F2@giwersworld.org>
Nick Portelli wrote:

> I'd hate to offend anyone, but aren't you the people who get all annoyed
> when a thread gets way off topic?  Well this is off topic.  Take your
> signatures and fight elsewhere.

	I wish they would but I am not one to put up with rude and
arrogant.

	Does this post bother you? Not the content, the format.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 11 Aug 1999 10:01:54
Message: <37b18252@news.povray.org>
Matt, I was pretty much ignoring this spat until I noticed that threat. I
agree that it is way out of line and you should protect yourself as best you
can. I can't believe someone would do something like that over one KB of
what, to them, is text.

Just goes to show you that road rage is not all on the road. We must now
drive defensively on the Information Highway. To carry a trite allusion even
further, many who drive '68 Datsuns resent those who drive SUV's and have to
do something to be able to look down on them. Info-terrorism is going a
little too far.

Until now I have not looked at your v-card, and I just now compiled "Warp"'s
sig... not a big deal either way. But as a libertarian I feel that both of
you should carefully do exactly what you want to do and then I will make
plans to do things on my end as a result of that. Unless you send code that
is invasive like a virus, folk should learn to deal.

Matt Giwer <mgi### [at] giwersworldorg> wrote in message
> Xplo Eristotle wrote:
>
> > To judge from the way Matt gets away with saying "if you don't like my
> > lousy netiquette, filter me", the owners of this server don't seem to
> > care.
>
> "Filter" is the power of any user.
>
> And IF the owners tell me about it, fine. Then I can choose to
> change or not to participate. That will be MY choice.
>
> Your choice is to filter or not to filter. You read my posts on
> my terms, not yours.
>
> > I wonder if I could get Usenet posters to use this guy's email address
> > as spam bait. After all, if he doesn't want to receive all that spam, he
> > can just filter it.. no skin off his nose. :P
>
> Not that is an interesting threat and your email addr as
> instigtator is quite interesting. And your post is forwarded to
> your ISP.
>
> If I do not comply with the dicatations of mere users of this
> you folks are going to get me spammed.
>
> Let me tell you this, boy. IF that happens, you all will regret
> it. And I can do it in a heartbeat. And I will not do one direct
> thing.
>
> Are petty little Hilters going to try to enforce your will on
> everyone else or are you going to grow up and join the human
> race?
>
> You newcomers should never think you know what the internet is
> all about.

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:01:51 -0400, Bill DeWitt wrote:
>Matt, I was pretty much ignoring this spat until I noticed that threat. I
>agree that it is way out of line and you should protect yourself as best you
>can. I can't believe someone would do something like that over one KB of
>what, to them, is text.

I can't see Matt's posts any longer, of course, but for once I agree with him.
Such a threat was way out of line.

Actually, I don't want to kill Matt's posts.  Maybe in a few days I'll sit
down with the source to slrn and figure out how to filter out vcards.  That
would be the productive solution, wouldn't it? :)

Post a reply to this message