POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Twysted.net Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Twysted.net (Message 11 to 20 of 66)
From: Twyst
Subject: Re: Twysted.net
Date: 1 Aug 1999 00:35:41
Message: <37a3ce9d@news.povray.org>
> YIIPPPIIIEEEE, twyst is coming back.
> Uarghhh, probably not for me :-((((
> I just tried to view something on macromedias site, no go for Solaris.
>
> I would recommend going for customizing one of the many solutions based
> on php3. I think both freshmeat and slashdot use it. There are a lot of
> solutions there already, some of them with connection to mysql. I saw
> your apache logo often enough lately, so those solutions should go for
> you.
> Check out freshmeat, I see anouncements of a lot of things with
> php/mysql every now and then.

Heh. I'm a longtime php/mysql user. =D

> Advertise for O'Reilly. They rule. (damn, I get not a penny for that
> one.)

Ok, I'll look into it.

> Axel

Post a reply to this message

From: Twyst
Date: 1 Aug 1999 00:41:15
Message: <37a3cfeb@news.povray.org>
Steve <ste### [at] puzzlecraftcom> wrote in message
> The main, and only reason I visited your site so many times was
INFORMATION.

> The tutorials, examples, source code, includes, objects, textures.....all
> wonderful!
>
> I thought the tiny fonts you used stunk. I could not read them on either
of my
> browsers. Give up on the typography and stick with what you do so very,
very
> well.

Hrm. what platform? (Solaris?)
I set the fonts by point size (10 point), as opposed to relative size. I
know of problems with the Mac for that one - point sizes aren't the same
across platforms. I know it's somewhat bad for some people, but I have this
love of CSS.

Also, the new twysted.net site is quite possibly NOT going to be 640x480x256
friendly. Sorry, but that's no longer a net standard. 800x600x256
(preferably more bpp, imho) is almost a minimum, and that's what I'll design
for now.

Twyst

Post a reply to this message