POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Twysted.net : Re: Twysted.net Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twysted.net
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 1 Aug 1999 15:08:57
Message: <37A49B10.2FD4D628@Kopp.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> As for writing the page...try for 4.0 compliance, avoid Javascript, and
> use Java, but sparingly, and not in something necessary to use the page.

Javascript is OK (to handle things like mouseover and popup windows).  But
I agree not to use java with anything necessary.  I almost always have java
disabled.  Java VMs (in my experience) are too unstable.  Why should I
risk crashing Netscape or IE just so I can see some animated banner (which
I have to wait forever to load over my slow phone connection anyway)?

-Nathan