POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Working with Text Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Working with Text (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: Remco de Korte
Subject: Re: Working with Text Objects
Date: 2 Aug 1999 02:51:55
Message: <37A54043.1B18BA66@xs4all.nl>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

>   Actually yes. I downloaded it and tried it. I couldn't do anything but
> type the text and save. I was unable to do ANY transformations to the text.
>   Am I missing something?
>
> --

You could have a look at the example(s), like the verbal image. Source is in the
scene-files group.

Remco

Post a reply to this message

From: Matt Swarm
Subject: Text Objects- Manipulating in POV- SoftFont and Corel
Date: 2 Aug 1999 04:40:06
Message: <37a55966@news.povray.org>
Thanks Cliff:

Second time this weekend I've encountered notion of using Corel to map and
output text for use in other programs.  Will have to give it a try.

Gave SoftFont a brief whirl a few days ago.  Could not find a way to change
the font to another TT face-- I may have missed something in my brief
tryout.  Otherwise, it did indeed map out the glyph data into a textfile
array for use in an .inc file.  Would be a great starting point if I can
make it see other fonts.  Otherwise, I may have to write my own code which
uses font API calls.

I'll reinstall Corel and give that a try, too.

Matt

Post a reply to this message