POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Working with Text : SoftText and Mr. Whipple Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  SoftText and Mr. Whipple
From: Matt Swarm
Date: 3 Aug 1999 06:23:46
Message: <37a6c332@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte wrote in message <37A602E9.1A29D554@xs4all.nl>...

>I'm not sure but if you're referring to SoftText (SoftFont) the problem
with the
>font is rather silly. In screen-resolutions below 1024x768 not all of the
>program window was visible and you couldn't resize it.

>NB the program is still far from flawless, (useful) comments are welcome.

Thanks.  That possibility occurred to me.   I'll have another try ASAP.

It always pays to program for the LRCD- 'Lowest Reasonable Common
Denominator.'    In the case, that would be 640x480.  Millions still use it-
much easier to see so long as most monitors are CRT instead of LCD.  I
suspect the resolution will begin to disappear when LCD screens become
ubiquitous.  Or at least ubiquitouser.  :-)

Matt