POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Working with Text : Text Objects- Manipulating in POV- SoftFont and Corel Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Text Objects- Manipulating in POV- SoftFont and Corel
From: Matt Swarm
Date: 2 Aug 1999 04:40:06
Message: <37a55966@news.povray.org>
Thanks Cliff:

Second time this weekend I've encountered notion of using Corel to map and
output text for use in other programs.  Will have to give it a try.

Gave SoftFont a brief whirl a few days ago.  Could not find a way to change
the font to another TT face-- I may have missed something in my brief
tryout.  Otherwise, it did indeed map out the glyph data into a textfile
array for use in an .inc file.  Would be a great starting point if I can
make it see other fonts.  Otherwise, I may have to write my own code which
uses font API calls.

I'll reinstall Corel and give that a try, too.

Matt