POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Working with Text : Re: SoftText and Mr. Whipple Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SoftText and Mr. Whipple
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 3 Aug 1999 06:39:01
Message: <37A6C6FD.76793E81@xs4all.nl>
Matt Swarm wrote:

> It always pays to program for the LRCD- 'Lowest Reasonable Common
> Denominator.'    In the case, that would be 640x480.  Millions still use it-
> much easier to see so long as most monitors are CRT instead of LCD.  I
> suspect the resolution will begin to disappear when LCD screens become
> ubiquitous.  Or at least ubiquitouser.  :-)
>
> Matt

Normally I do so if I know the program is meant to be used on other systems then
just mine. This was something I made because I needed it for some things and
when the subject of using text in POV came up I thought it might be a friendly
idea to share it. Some people seem to object but I still hope (and know) there
are some others who can see the use of it. It's not really the program that is
great or the idea behind it, just that it gives you a heap of raw data on which
you can unleash your own creative genius using POV. I'm very curious about what
others have done with it, because I think working with text(objects) in POV can
give much more interesting results than the eye-candy-type 3D-text programs.

Regards,

Remco

BTW who is Mr. Whipple?