POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New video cards may offload POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  New video cards may offload POV (Message 1 to 10 of 37)
From: Jim Kress
Subject: New video cards may offload POV
Date: 24 Jul 1999 14:06:39
Message: <379a00af@news.povray.org>
Plain PaperTry this link
http://headline.gamespot.com/news/99_07/23_pc_nvidia/index.html

Looks like the next generation of video boards may start doing some of the
math currently done in POV.

--
Jim

Check out my web site  http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights that boggle the mind!

Post a reply to this message

> Looks like the next generation of video boards may start doing some of the
> math currently done in POV.
>
> --
> Jim
>
> Check out my web site  http://www.kressworks.com/
> It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
> and provide scientific insights that boggle the mind!

Sorry Jim but it won't help Pov in this case.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

Really?  Even with the onboard shading, lighting, and rendering functions?
Or would a card specific version of POV be required to take care of those
functions?

--
Jim

Check out my web site  http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights that boggle the mind!

news:379### [at] pacbellnet...