POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New video cards may offload POV : Re: New video cards may offload POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New video cards may offload POV
From: Alan Kong
Date: 25 Jul 1999 13:15:45
Message: <379b42ae.212962279@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:44:02 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Quality of the images produced but direct X and openGL
>are inferior to Pov's raytracing methods anyway and I personaly think it
>would be a step backward.

  True, Ken. These cards are great for their intended use but we would see
no advantage. I don't think that incorporating OpenGL into POV-Ray would be
anything to crow about. We've already fast previews with more control by
using the quality switches (+q). OpenGL might be better suited to displays
from modeling programs, although I like Moray just the way it is now.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get