POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New video cards may offload POV : Re: New video cards may offload POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New video cards may offload POV
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 25 Jul 1999 09:20:43
Message: <379b0f2b@news.povray.org>
Steve <ste### [at] puzzlecraftcom> wrote in message

> A low budget solution is to get a dual Pentium Dell server and run it as a
> workstation.

    Can you elaborate on this a little? I have been having some sort of
thought like this... getting a box and a motherboard and a network card and
using that box to do nothing but renders. No keyboard, monitor, mouse,
soundcard, videocard, with smallest possible HD, lots of RAM...

    But, since I have never done any networking but some serial port copying
of HDs...