POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New video cards may offload POV : Re: New video cards may offload POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New video cards may offload POV
From: Graham Redway
Date: 25 Jul 1999 09:52:14
Message: <379B167E.84F30E41@plymouth.ac.uk>
What Bill is suggesting is buying a server similar too those found in
offices and running povray on that. What you're thinking of is buying a
bare-bones system to run POV. If you did that you'd still need the
keyboard, mouse and videocard (at the very least to install Windows
etc.) but you could save on the monitor by having a switch box (using
your existing monitor) or running it remotely using a piece of software
such as CarbonCopy. Networking is getting very cheap and what you're
suggesting is entierly possible, all you would need is the two network
cards, a cable and the software (Windows.) I've been doing this
successfully for nearly a year and only had a few minor problems.

	Graham.