POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is this??? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  What is this??? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: What is this???
Date: 14 Jul 1999 07:25:32
Message: <378c73ac@news.povray.org>
If you render the code below you will see a weird phong highlight.

I would have expected a ring-formed phong highlight, but this appears.

camera {
   location y/10
   look_at 0
}

light_source {100*y, color 1}

plane {
   y, 0
   pigment {color 0}
   normal {onion 1.5}
   finish {ambient 0 diffuse 0 phong 1 phong_size 300}
}

Why does it look like that?

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, all the jokes
"you know you have been raytracing too long when",

> If you render the code below you will see a weird phong highlight.
>
> I would have expected a ring-formed phong highlight, but this appears.
>
> camera {
>    location y/10
>    look_at 0
> }

Try your camera location at y*10 and you get what you expect.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

>> If you render the code below you will see a weird phong highlight.
>>
>> I would have expected a ring-formed phong highlight, but this appears.
>>
>> camera {
>>    location y/10
>>    look_at 0
>> }
>
>Try your camera location at y*10 and you get what you expect.

I know, but what is THIS?

Working with the cd include file, I have to know how phong highlights work.
And I don't understand this.

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---