POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is this??? : Re: What is this??? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is this???
From: Ken
Date: 14 Jul 1999 11:00:33
Message: <378CA4D3.A4EE053@pacbell.net>
"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:

> I know, but what is THIS?
>
> Working with the cd include file, I have to know how phong highlights work.
> And I don't understand this.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rune S. Johansen

Try thinking in 3D instead of 2D and it MAY make sense. I think it is the
pattern converging from all three directions and you since your camera
is not quite at the origin you are seeing the edges of all three patterns
at once. If you camera were at the origin you would see a solid dot instead
of the three open spaces like you see in your example with the camera at
y*.1.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net