POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is this??? : Re: What is this??? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is this???
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 14 Jul 1999 07:38:08
Message: <378c76a0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:
>"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:
>>
>> If you render the code below you will see a weird phong highlight.
>>
>> I would have expected a ring-formed phong highlight, but this appears.
>>
>> camera {
>>    location y/10
>>    look_at 0
>> }
>
>Try your camera location at y*10 and you get what you expect.

I know, but what is THIS?

Working with the cd include file, I have to know how phong highlights work.
And I don't understand this.

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, all the jokes
"you know you have been raytracing too long when",