POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Web Graphics Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Web Graphics (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Darcy Johnston
Subject: Web Graphics
Date: 28 May 1999 21:21:48
Message: <374f331c.0@news.povray.org>
Sorry if this has been asked to death, but I was wondering if anyone has any
good methods for creating graphics that would useful for web sites? In
particular, I'm trying to create some images of text that I could use for
menu buttons. My problem is whenever I try to play with the camera setting
so I can zoom in on the word (I want the image to contain just the word, and
not have a lot of dead space that I'd have to crop out manually), it always
looks distorted. If anyone can give some hints as to how to go about such a
task, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Darcy
djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/4317

Post a reply to this message

Increase the direction.  Remember you've gotta increase the location by
an equal amount. Example:
camera { location <0,0,10>*4 direction 4*z look_at 0}
That work?

H.E. Day

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 28 May 1999 20:19:09 -0400, "Darcy Johnston"
<djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM> wrote:

>Sorry if this has been asked to death, but I was wondering if anyone has any
>good methods for creating graphics that would useful for web sites? In
>particular, I'm trying to create some images of text that I could use for
>menu buttons. My problem is whenever I try to play with the camera setting
>so I can zoom in on the word (I want the image to contain just the word, and
>not have a lot of dead space that I'd have to crop out manually), it always
>looks distorted. If anyone can give some hints as to how to go about such a
>task, I would be very grateful.
>
>Thanks,
>Darcy
>djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/4317

Use the orthographic camera. Of course, you will lose perspective, so
if your intent is to have 3D text, stick to what Howard said --  keep
the camera far from the object and zoom in using the angle or
direction keywords. Also, do not forget about aspect ratio.

BTW is this in the VFAQ? Are there tutorials? Having one would be
helpful.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700