POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Web Graphics : Re: Web Graphics Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web Graphics
From: Peter Popov
Date: 28 May 1999 22:57:26
Message: <374f486b.13528775@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 28 May 1999 20:19:09 -0400, "Darcy Johnston"
<djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM> wrote:

>Sorry if this has been asked to death, but I was wondering if anyone has any
>good methods for creating graphics that would useful for web sites? In
>particular, I'm trying to create some images of text that I could use for
>menu buttons. My problem is whenever I try to play with the camera setting
>so I can zoom in on the word (I want the image to contain just the word, and
>not have a lot of dead space that I'd have to crop out manually), it always
>looks distorted. If anyone can give some hints as to how to go about such a
>task, I would be very grateful.
>
>Thanks,
>Darcy
>djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/4317

Use the orthographic camera. Of course, you will lose perspective, so
if your intent is to have 3D text, stick to what Howard said --  keep
the camera far from the object and zoom in using the angle or
direction keywords. Also, do not forget about aspect ratio.

BTW is this in the VFAQ? Are there tutorials? Having one would be
helpful.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700