POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Web Graphics : Re: Web Graphics Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web Graphics
From: Ken
Date: 29 May 1999 00:35:43
Message: <374F6030.480F8724@pacbell.net>
Darcy Johnston wrote:

> Then what is the first 10 for? if x*10, y define the two axis for the area
> light, I would figure the next two numbers determine the number of lights.
> Perhaps you figured x*10, y, 10 was supposed to be x*10, y*10?
>
> Darcy

  My mistake and a good catch on your part. I am used to specifying
area lights with the full vector syntax like:

area_light <4, 0, 0>, <0, 4, 0>, 4, 4

This gives me a 4x4 unit area with 16 lights evenly spaced in that area.

  The way you had it specified I believe the docs describe it as a linear
area light as there is only a single vector declare when no value is
assigned for the second (I think).

Try the following change to see if it helps

x*10, y*1, 10, 1

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net