POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Web Graphics : Re: Web Graphics Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web Graphics
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 28 May 1999 23:26:02
Message: <374f503a.0@news.povray.org>
H.E. Day <mil### [at] teleportcom> wrote in message
news:374### [at] teleportcom...
> Increase the direction.  Remember you've gotta increase the location by
> an equal amount. Example:
> camera { location <0,0,10>*4 direction 4*z look_at 0}
> That work?

That worked beautifully. I had actually tried it earlier, but forgot to
change my location.
Thanks.

I now have a different problem I'll throw at you. I'm trying to declare an
area_light and seem to have trouble getting it the way I want it. From what
I understand:

light_source
{
  0  color rgb 1.0  area_light
  x*10, y,10, 1
  adaptive 0   jitter
}

should create a linear light that runs across the x axis from 0 to 10 and
has 10 lights running across. Yet for some reason it still seems to behave
like a point light. The object I'm trying to illuminate runs across the
x-axis as well so I would expect the object to be illuminated evenly across
its entire surface, yet only the corner closest to the origin is full
illuminated and the light fades away we go across the object.

What am I doing wrong? Or am I just not understanding this correctly?

Thanks again for your help,
Darcy