11 Aug 2024 17:09:52 EDT (-0400)
From: Twyst
Date: 20 May 1999 20:26:21
Message: <37449a1d.0@news.povray.org>
Well, the webserver that was hosting Twysted.net has died. Poor thing.

My webserver has been hacked, crashed, and otherwise overworked - it's
served me well.

But now, it's time to retire the beast. It was a humble 486/66 , with 8 megs
ram, and a 340 meg HD (which I filled up MANY a time..)

I am retaining the URL twysted.net, but I am going to be relocating it to my
local server, on a slightly better connection - it was on a single ISDN
line, and will now be on a Cable connection.

Twysted.Net is going to become the URL for my web/graphic design company,
twysted methyd desygn.

I will be moving a number of sub-sites, such as macroscope, over to the
povray.org site. Others, such as patchstation, may simply vanish. All the
links and tutorials that I had have been integrated into the new povray.org
site.

Twyst

Post a reply to this message

> Well, the webserver that was hosting Twysted.net has died. Poor thing.

Aww.. I remember the good old days, back when www.twysted.net was the first site
I'd visit every morning, and the last I'd look at each evening. There is just no
replacement.

> I will be moving a number of sub-sites, such as macroscope, over to the
> povray.org site. Others, such as patchstation, may simply vanish. All the
> links and tutorials that I had have been integrated into the new povray.org
> site.

No patchstation? Why not? It's a good resource, and while the message board is
largely obsolete thanks to povray.unofficial.patches, it weas nice to have a
list of existing resources.

Will the newly invented Twysted Mynd have need of a Torus Mutt as a mascot? :)

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Post a reply to this message

Twyst <twy### [at] twystednet> wrote in message
[...]
> I will be moving a number of sub-sites, such as macroscope, over to the
> povray.org site. Others, such as patchstation, may simply vanish. All the
> links and tutorials that I had have been integrated into the new
povray.org
> site.

Any idea as to when we might expect these sub-sites to arise, and how
they'll be organized? Or is it all too soon to tell just yet?

Thanks for all of your great work,
Darcy
djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/4317

Post a reply to this message

> I will be moving a number of sub-sites, such as macroscope, over to the
> povray.org site. Others, such as patchstation, may simply vanish. All the
> links and tutorials that I had have been integrated into the new povray.org
> site.

*cry if the world is dying*

Please not the patchstation!

It was such a nice resource for new officicial-PoV unsupported features? Where
will I get an overview  and the patched executables if your patchstation is
removed?

A very sad
Axel Baune

Post a reply to this message

> Well, the webserver that was hosting Twysted.net has died. Poor thing.
>
> My webserver has been hacked, crashed, and otherwise overworked - it's
> served me well.
>
> But now, it's time to retire the beast. It was a humble 486/66 , with 8 megs
> ram, and a 340 meg HD (which I filled up MANY a time..)

I just felt a tremmor in the Force... as if a million voices screamed out in
horror...

> Twysted.Net is going to become the URL for my web/graphic design company,
> twysted methyd desygn.

Good luck with it. I hope to be a client, if you're good enough. ;)

> I will be moving a number of sub-sites, such as macroscope, over to the
> povray.org site. Others, such as patchstation, may simply vanish. All the
> links and tutorials that I had have been integrated into the new povray.org
> site.

The 'Station can't die. Maybe now the Station can be distributed over the Net to
the authors' pages directly, only being linked to from povray.org

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Post a reply to this message