11 Aug 2024 19:34:49 EDT (-0400)
From: Ken
Date: 23 May 1999 00:08:13
Message: <374770DD.27ADB3E0@pacbell.net>
Twyst wrote:

> Well, I had been intending to kill twysted.net - but dammit, I liked running
> it. Sure, I was busy a lot, and maintaining it single handedly was tough -
> but it was fun. <sigh> This is what happens when you start thinking about
> stuff, I guess.....

 Welcome back. I am glad you came back to your senses or perhaps
you have lost your sanity again instead ? Either way I for one
am pleased by this announcement. Over the next few days I will be
thinking about the issues you mentioned in the remainder of your
message and then offer whatever suggestions/opinions I can think
of concerning them.

BMRT ?

  A couple of quick suggestion sould be:  More resource related
materials like a textures archive, scene files collection, and
possibly a 3d model repository. I know you have been hosting
the Pov objects collection (that is probably where most of the
traffic wascoming from ) but it is restricted to single model
objects only or a file that creates a single object type object.
  A links data base where visitors can add links to build on the
collection so you don't have to find them all yourself and a
reliable broken link reporting system that is easy for you to
delete inoperable links in a timely manner.
  Possibly a new programs announcement area where program developers
with new/updated programs and utilities can post their announcements.
This would help those who suffer missing usenet group messages
either from having been away for a while or because their ISP's
dos not archive messages for very long or mismange them in a way
that they never appear when posted.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net