11 Aug 2024 19:34:32 EDT (-0400)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 May 1999 21:27:50
Message: <3745F9FB.472CEEF9@aol.com>
Twyst wrote:

> Well, I had been intending to kill twysted.net - but dammit, I liked running
> it. Sure, I was busy a lot, and maintaining it single handedly was tough -
> but it was fun. <sigh> This is what happens when you start thinking about
> stuff, I guess.....

The start of the next paragraph sounds like the plug might remain in the
socket.

> I'm possibly thinking of restoring twysted.net - but I'm also thinking of
> expanding its scope, to include all the other non-commercial renderers, such
> as radiance, BMRT, PolyRay, etc, etc.
>
> In order for me to do this, however, I do need to know what kind of support
> I'll be getting. Will it be worth my effort to start handling BMRT?

I never see much said of any of those anymore, but then I'm out of touch.
I haven't been to c.g.r.r. in ages.

> In any case, twysted.net will be starting over from scratch. Possibly, I'll
> just put my webdesign company on there as a subdomain, or something.
>
> As users of twysted.net , what would you like to see? I'm open to
> suggestions, comments, offers of help, etc.

Commentary on all the macros and includes and patches would be a good
thing so that there's some nice descriptions, but we're talking work, at
least I call that work.

> After all - feedback is the only way things change. If you don't like
> something about the old site, speak up! If you have a radical new idea for a
> site - let me know!
>
> After all - twysted.net was averaging 2-3 gigs of outgoing traffic a month

I don't d/l that much, do I?

-
> I know you guys are out there....

I'm out here somewhere, someone find me please.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe