POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : (un)Interesting stats Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  (un)Interesting stats (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Lewis
Subject: (un)Interesting stats
Date: 26 Apr 1999 15:03:16
Message: <3724AAFB.4C52997F@netvision.net.il>
You have been warned: this message my be totaly boring.

Here are some stats of the visitors to my web site. I know it has hardly
anything to do with POV, but some stuff that should interest us as
computer users.

Resolution of visitors:
800x600		130		(43%)
1024x768	99		(33%)
640x480		46		(15%)
1152x864	16		(5%)
1280x1024	7		(2%)
Unknown		1		(0%)
1600x1200	0		(0%)

It is interesting to know that many (33%) visitors had a relatively high
resolution - 1024*768, and that 640*480 is even less common than that
(640*480 used to be the MOST common)

Just interesting data (to me), for as POV users we should know what's
the most common resolution - is it worth rendering in 1024*768? I think
so.

Post a reply to this message

I do render that high for desktop use, but i shrink it down to post here or
on the net, filesize dont you know!

Rick
Lewis <ble### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote in message
> You have been warned: this message my be totaly boring.
>
> Here are some stats of the visitors to my web site. I know it has hardly
> anything to do with POV, but some stuff that should interest us as
> computer users.
>
> Resolution of visitors:
> 800x600 130 (43%)
> 1024x768 99 (33%)
> 640x480 46 (15%)
> 1152x864 16 (5%)
> 1280x1024 7 (2%)
> Unknown 1 (0%)
> 1600x1200 0 (0%)
>
> It is interesting to know that many (33%) visitors had a relatively high
> resolution - 1024*768, and that 640*480 is even less common than that
> (640*480 used to be the MOST common)
>
> Just interesting data (to me), for as POV users we should know what's
> the most common resolution - is it worth rendering in 1024*768? I think
> so.

Post a reply to this message