POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : (un)Interesting stats : Re: (un)Interesting stats Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (un)Interesting stats
From: Ron Parker
Date: 27 Apr 1999 11:29:56
Message: <3725c9e4.0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:05:28 +0100, Rick (Kitty5) <kit### [at] dialpipexcom> wrote:

>> I'm kind of curious what the "unknown" resolution was, and whether that
>> meant didn't know or some strange fractional pixel thing.  j/
>
>The unknow res is from a mixture of sources, older non standard browsers do
>not return the screen res, neither do some fringe OS's such as the Amiga OS
>or some WebTV systems..

"Nonstandard"??? Just what standard are you looking at?  Last I checked,
Javascript is not a required part of HTML 4.0.  In fact, I suspect screen
resolution wouldn't be a required part of any reasonable standard anyway,
because it makes the (possibly invalid) assumption that the browser renders
to a graphical display.  Some browsers not only don't render to a graphical
display, but they don't render to a display at all.