POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Req: a #macro to reorient a vector Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:37:48 EDT (-0400)
  Req: a #macro to reorient a vector (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Req: a #macro to reorient a vector
Date: 26 Jan 1999 23:30:58
Message: <36ae955f.29754025@news.povray.org>
I know you can reorient  an object to lie along a specified axis, but
I need to do the same with a vector. I have finished a twister include
for creating really weird (and cool!) twisted objects, but I want to
have a way to customize all the main functions (axis, radius, etc.),
i.e. have a coil generated along a circle or any other #macro defined
curve. Thanks for any help.

Peter

Post a reply to this message

> I know you can reorient  an object to lie along a specified axis, but
> I need to do the same with a vector. I have finished a twister include
> for creating really weird (and cool!) twisted objects, but I want to
> have a way to customize all the main functions (axis, radius, etc.),
> i.e. have a coil generated along a circle or any other #macro defined
> curve. Thanks for any help.
>
> Peter

Take a look at the macros at the Macro Station. You may find
what you need there.

http://twysted.net/

--
Ken Tyler