POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Req: a #macro to reorient a vector : Re: Req: a #macro to reorient a vector Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Req: a #macro to reorient a vector
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 27 Jan 1999 22:13:45
Message: <36AFD5EB.879C3464@virginia.edu>
Are you defining the Helix by rotation or by sin and cos?  I have
written a function to wrap a Helix around a Helix using sins and cos, so
I think I should be able to do what you are asking if I understand
correctly.  Now, do you want the #macro to define one point/vector, or a
whole series of points/vectors... Actually, that is an important
destinction... you want the VECTOR right?  The vector from the axis of
the object being wrapped around... hmmm... um... let me look at the
Reorient #macro....I can give you the points...then the vector would be
the difference of the two points right?  That is what you want?  That
value?

Steve

sorry if I am being dense...