POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [![![!READ ME!]!]!] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  [![![!READ ME!]!]!] (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Anthony Bennett
Subject: [![![!READ ME!]!]!]
Date: 10 Mar 1999 15:21:55
Message: <36E6D626.16A6948F@panama.phoenix.net>
I used that header to call your attention, and now that I have it I want
to say a few things.

@ I wish all the POV team the best in anything they do. We would not be
together the way we are without them. God bless you people.
@ I truly admire and respect each and every one of the artists,
animators, mathematicians, physicists, normal-peoples, and those that
fall into the category 'all-of-the-above', who have graced the pages of
this newsgroup with all their help, inspiration, and works which keep us
interested in this phenomenon known as POV-Ray.
@ I am glad I chose POV-Ray over the competition, 3DS Max, Truespace,
Lightwave, Bryce, etc., which I had every chance in the world to pirate
from multiple sources. I am glad I chose the good one.
@ I'm glad I kept on coming here, or else I would have been in the dark
about all these developements.
@ I feel we now have a truly complete set of plug-ins in the include
files which have appeared over time. Let's look over the list of what we
have: lens flares/effects, splines, clock modifiers, object
exploders/benders, fur/grass/fuzz, water, cloth, particle systems,
extruding/lofting, sprays, galaxies, links, trees, mesh animation, and I
could go on and on. This is very cool. We have nothing to envy from the
big packages. Nothing can stop our creative power.

That's all I had to say. Reflect on each point a bit. Be greatful. Keep
working like you do. Improve. Expand. Make the community proud of what
it represents.

Have a nice day. =)

Post a reply to this message

AMEN!! To that brother.  You've inspired me.  I think next month I will
attempt to enter the IRTC (for the first time).  I will pool all of my
resources and let my creative energy loose.  Wish me luck.
		Kyle

Anthony Bennett wrote:

> I used that header to call your attention, and now that I have it I want
> to say a few things.
>
> @ I wish all the POV team the best in anything they do. We would not be
> together the way we are without them. God bless you people.
> @ I truly admire and respect each and every one of the artists,
> animators, mathematicians, physicists, normal-peoples, and those that
> fall into the category 'all-of-the-above', who have graced the pages of
> this newsgroup with all their help, inspiration, and works which keep us
> interested in this phenomenon known as POV-Ray.
> @ I am glad I chose POV-Ray over the competition, 3DS Max, Truespace,
> Lightwave, Bryce, etc., which I had every chance in the world to pirate
> from multiple sources. I am glad I chose the good one.
> @ I'm glad I kept on coming here, or else I would have been in the dark
> about all these developements.
> @ I feel we now have a truly complete set of plug-ins in the include
> files which have appeared over time. Let's look over the list of what we
> have: lens flares/effects, splines, clock modifiers, object
> exploders/benders, fur/grass/fuzz, water, cloth, particle systems,
> extruding/lofting, sprays, galaxies, links, trees, mesh animation, and I
> could go on and on. This is very cool. We have nothing to envy from the
> big packages. Nothing can stop our creative power.
>
> That's all I had to say. Reflect on each point a bit. Be greatful. Keep
> working like you do. Improve. Expand. Make the community proud of what
> it represents.
>
> Have a nice day. =)

Post a reply to this message