POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [![![!READ ME!]!]!] : [![![!READ ME!]!]!] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  [![![!READ ME!]!]!]
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 10 Mar 1999 15:21:55
Message: <36E6D626.16A6948F@panama.phoenix.net>
I used that header to call your attention, and now that I have it I want
to say a few things.

@ I wish all the POV team the best in anything they do. We would not be
together the way we are without them. God bless you people.
@ I truly admire and respect each and every one of the artists,
animators, mathematicians, physicists, normal-peoples, and those that
fall into the category 'all-of-the-above', who have graced the pages of
this newsgroup with all their help, inspiration, and works which keep us
interested in this phenomenon known as POV-Ray.
@ I am glad I chose POV-Ray over the competition, 3DS Max, Truespace,
Lightwave, Bryce, etc., which I had every chance in the world to pirate
from multiple sources. I am glad I chose the good one.
@ I'm glad I kept on coming here, or else I would have been in the dark
about all these developements.
@ I feel we now have a truly complete set of plug-ins in the include
files which have appeared over time. Let's look over the list of what we
have: lens flares/effects, splines, clock modifiers, object
exploders/benders, fur/grass/fuzz, water, cloth, particle systems,
extruding/lofting, sprays, galaxies, links, trees, mesh animation, and I
could go on and on. This is very cool. We have nothing to envy from the
big packages. Nothing can stop our creative power.

That's all I had to say. Reflect on each point a bit. Be greatful. Keep
working like you do. Improve. Expand. Make the community proud of what
it represents.

Have a nice day. =)