POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to speed up rendering? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  How to speed up rendering? (Message 1 to 10 of 38)
From: Kyle
Subject: How to speed up rendering?
Date: 17 Jan 1999 14:52:06
Message: <36A23F0B.8A9469FB@geocities.com>
Hi everyone.  I'm using an old 486/100mhz to do raytracing, and when
rendering a scene at 640x400 with antialiasing depth 2  the fastest
I can seem to get it to go is 18 pps.  (I'm using the WIN95 version)
I have all other programs shut down. Render priority on highest, GUI priority
on lowest, and the render window closed....are there any more ways to speed
up render time?  Besides the obvious "turn down AA" or "buy a new
computer you cheapo".  Any suggestions?
Kyle

Post a reply to this message