POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to speed up rendering? : Re: How to speed up rendering? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:33:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to speed up rendering?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Jan 1999 23:54:57
Message: <36A2BE9B.8DEC613C@aol.com>
A DOS version of 3.0 POV-Ray (unofficial) called POV-Pro, so no 3.1
capablities.
It's a render-speed-increased-compile. Just lacks a lot of the
"official" look. From what I remember from using it some myself, it can
be much faster. Believe the author stated "up to 40 or 50%" faster. But
I recall 25% (or is it 125%, percentages always confuse me) being the
average.
My URL to it seems to be broken now though, browser errors if attempt is
made to use it.
You could email me and ask for POV-Pro, put that in the subject line,
I'll send it over, I seem to have misplaced the original archive of it
though. All I found here is the povpro.exe itself (714K), no readme,
nothing.
It's basically a plain old DOS POV-Ray though. Works in the same way, no
editor, help, nothing though. Use the official version for that.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob