POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflection vectors ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  Reflection vectors ? (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Ken
Subject: Reflection vectors ?
Date: 9 Jan 1999 08:53:40
Message: <36975EF9.50AB37AE@pacbell.net>
I was looking at the source for the scene file "Brilliant" and noticed
that the artist used vectors for describing the reflection values of each
facet. This possibility had totaly excaped me until now. What benefit
if any is gained by doing so ?

An example: finish { reflection <0.5,0.75,0.5> }

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

i think it defines how each colour will be reflected...

//Spider

Ken wrote:

> I was looking at the source for the scene file "Brilliant" and noticed
> that the artist used vectors for describing the reflection values of each
> facet. This possibility had totaly excaped me until now. What benefit
> if any is gained by doing so ?
>
> An example: finish { reflection <0.5,0.75,0.5> }
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

> I was looking at the source for the scene file "Brilliant" and noticed
> that the artist used vectors for describing the reflection values of each
> facet. This possibility had totaly excaped me until now. What benefit
> if any is gained by doing so ?
>
> An example: finish { reflection <0.5,0.75,0.5> }

It modifies the color of the reflected light.  You could, for instance,
have a silver mirror (neutral tones in the pigment) that reflected a blue
image of the things in view.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

> I was looking at the source for the scene file "Brilliant" and noticed
> that the artist used vectors for describing the reflection values of each
> facet. This possibility had totaly excaped me until now. What benefit
> if any is gained by doing so ?
>
> An example: finish { reflection <0.5,0.75,0.5> }
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> tyl### [at] pacbellnet

I have used that feature. The vector is a colorvector :) rgb that is.

cu
Bjarne Nygaard

Post a reply to this message