POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflection vectors ? : Re: Reflection vectors ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection vectors ?
From: Ken
Date: 11 Jan 1999 18:49:39
Message: <369A8D9A.C7D25ABE@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Surprised that you, Ken, of all people had failed to notice the
> vectorable reflection before now.--

It just goes to show that even for someone who is well versed with
the program there are still things to learn. There are so many variables
in this program I doubt that I will ever learn them all. Can you without
looking right now type every possible pigment pattern type ? I did it
once to test myself about three months ago. I missed only two. One
of which I didn't know exsisted (new for 3.1).

Did you know you can use a negative number for a cone diameter and
end up with two cones kissing at their points ? Try this on for size:
cone{x*-1,1,x*1,-1 pigment{rgb 1}}

Who would ever think of using negative values like this especialy since
it's not documented anywhere ? I found out by way of typo. Wanna
see weird ? Try negative values with superellipsoids.
There are some other unique things you can do that are not documented
because the program has so much flexibility that I imagine even the
programmers don't know all that it can do.

I'm not to blame for not knowing because I'm only human and not some
perfect machine. I know little about media and next to nothing about using
blobs. Who cares ? Theres plenty of other features to keep me busy for
years. Implementing and using nested and recursive while loops will keep
me busy for most of 1999 and then it's time to master macros

Ken Tyler