POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflection vectors ? : Re: Reflection vectors ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection vectors ?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Jan 1999 18:30:16
Message: <369A896C.EEEAF17@aol.com>
Surprised that you, Ken, of all people had failed to notice the
vectorable reflection before now. Though I must admit I did not, and
presume, do not (which comes in handy) know all there is to know.
Cross-threading a bit here, but, I tried to do a mixture of spectral
dispersion and reflection color shifting together to no avail.
Seems that the reflection simply refuses to be averaged as refraction
does. Been puzzled ever since. As others may already know, normals have
a difficult time being layered or averaged too (or so I think) so it
follows that there are probably many such impossible(?) characteristics,
along with a few good pluses which balances things out thank goodness.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob