POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflection vectors ? : Re: Reflection vectors ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection vectors ?
From: PoD
Date: 12 Jan 1999 15:26:07
Message: <369BAFDD.3099@merlin.net.au>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Actually, at least up to now there as little point in using rgb values in
> reflection. The following would give exactly the same results:
>
> pigment {rgb 1} finish {reflection <1,0,0>}
> pigment {rgb <1,0,0>} finish {reflection 1}
>
> i.e. you can do the same thing with pigments.
> Now with the variable reflection patch, I'm not so sure... Must try it out.
>
> Margus

Not true, in the first instance the object has a red pigment and in the
second, white.

Try the following

plane{	-z,0
  pigment{White}
  finish{ reflection Red } }
sphere{
  <3,0,-3>,1
  pigment{Blue+Green} }

White plane, no reflection of the sphere because the plane reflects none
of the primaries in the sphere's pigment.

Cheers, PoD.