POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Can you #declare blob components? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:35:01 EDT (-0400)
  Q: Can you #declare blob components? (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: Micha Riser
Subject: Re: Q: Can you #declare blob components?
Date: 27 Oct 1998 15:26:15
Message: <36362C5E.D4CBD66D@usa.net>
No, you can't #declare a blob component. I don't know what you want to
do but maybe following helps: you can make a #macro that inserts blob
componets into a blob{}.

----
#macro make_blob()

sphere{my_pos,my_radius,1 [translate ....]}
cylinder{my_pos,my_radius,0.5 [translate ....]}

#end

blob{

#declare my_pos=3;
#declare my_radius=0.5;
make_blob()

#declare my_pos=<2,1,2>;
#declare my_radius=.2;
make_blob()

}
----
Michael Andrews wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>     Well I think the subject says it all; is it possible to #declare a
> blob component? I was trying to declare an array of them, but couldn't
> work out how it could be done, if it could be done.
>     Any ideas, or is this a total non-starter? Are blob components the
> only syntactic structures that _can not_ be #declared? Maybe this in the
> FAQ or documentation and I'm just making a fool of myself ...
>
>     All coments gratefully recieved :-)
>         Mike Andrews.

visit my homepage:
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7992/