POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Can you #declare blob components? : Re: Q: Can you #declare blob components? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Can you #declare blob components?
From: Jerry  Stratton
Date: 15 Nov 1998 13:35:28
Message: <jerry-1511981035280001@cx38767-a.dt1.sdca.home.com>
In article <363### [at] BEGONEVILESPAMMERSacmorg>, Darius Davis
<Dar### [at] BEGONEVILESPAMMERSacmorg> wrote:
>The only problem is that each sub-blob component interacts with *every*
>other...  it's not possible to limit the interactions between
>components, even if the components are within different 'sub-blobs' - at
>least, it's not possible in any way I can see :)  So, if you move two
>blobbed hands together, they'll interact in the same way that blobs
>normally do if they both have the same ultimate 'parent' blob.  I've
>thought long and hard about this and I can't think of any way to prevent
>it.  (But I'm not going to stop thinking about it yet... ;)

Would it be possible and reasonable to assign 'groups' to blob components,
and then specify which groups can interact (or perhaps more appropriately,
cannot interact) with which other groups?

So that groups 'left arm' and 'right arm' can interact with only the
'shoulder' group. 'Shoulder' can interact with only the 'neck' group,
'left arm' group, 'right arm' group, and 'chest' group. Etc.

The 'bullet' group can interact with any group except for the 'thick
skull' group...

Jerry
jer### [at] hoboescom
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/                   e-mail hel### [at] hoboescom