POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Can you #declare blob components? : Re: Q: Can you #declare blob components? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Can you #declare blob components?
From: =Bob
Date: 30 Oct 1998 23:30:44
Message: <363a9274.0@news.povray.org>
Makes a person wonder if a negative strength sort of thing could be applied
which would only affect surfaces external to the parent/sub group.
As in the interaction of a finger into a palm of a hand both made of separate
blob parent objects.
Just thought everyone might like to dream along with.
Actually there is kind of a way of doing this already.
Two identical blob groups; one positive, other negative strength. The two
don't interact with each other but the surface to deform interactively needs
to be a part of the positive strength blob group, the negative strength blob
group would need to be minus that "touched" surface.

Message <363### [at] BEGONEVILESPAMMERSacmorg>, Darius Davis  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html