POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Sanity test of full installer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:51 EDT (-0400)
  Sanity test of full installer (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Sanity test of full installer
Date: 1 Jul 2008 11:47:07
Message: <486a517b$1@news.povray.org>
I'd appreciate if if some of you could do a sanity-check of the full
installer for beta 27:

  http://www.povray.org/temp/POV-Ray-3.7-Beta-27.msi

It's not finished of course, but should do the basics. Here's the portion
of the release notes relevent to the installer:

--------------------------------

Further split the POVWIN install and data dirs - this moves the ini,
scenes, and insert menu directories to the user's Application Data folder,
e.g. c:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\POV-Ray\v3.7\.

There is now a Windows Installer which takes care of setting up the above
for Win32 systems. Win64 is pending. NOTE: the installer currently only
installs for the user who ran it: that is, the 'Application
Data\POV-Ray\v3.7\...' files are only installed for that user. This won't
be the case with the final installer; it will set things up such that when
pvengine.exe is run for the first time by a user who has not had the
program set up for them, the appropriate files are created in their
Application Data directory (this is a Windows Installer feature).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message