POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Sanity test of full installer : Re: Sanity test of full installer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sanity test of full installer
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Jul 2008 12:35:13
Message: <486e5141$1@news.povray.org>
Missed my chance to test this one.

The currently available file on the beta web page wouldn't go into my Vista
computer so I had to do some system registry additions and font installs
manually. I'm the sole user, administrator status.

Was thinking it could have been Vista's User Account Control causing the
trouble, although I don't know why that would affect the system registry
entries themselves, but not knowing exactly what all it can interfere with I
just gave up and watched the error messages to know what to fix during the
install and clicked Ignore to proceed.

I have folders and files in C:\Users\*NAME*\AppData\Roaming\POV-Ray\v3.7,
different from what was stated so thought I'd mention that for other people
with Vista. AppData is a hidden folder.

I kept UAC and AV on during all that so I can't say what would have happened
without those. I believe I might have also needed to make the a change to
POV-Ray for Windows v3.7  folder(s) to get file writing done by changing the
Properties|Security to Full access. Did this last night and already
forgetting that now, sorry, hope I remembered all else right.