POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Need help with 3.7 Beta Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Need help with 3.7 Beta (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Rob Richards
Subject: Need help with 3.7 Beta
Date: 17 Jan 2009 09:04:22
Message: <34p3n4h0v19apvc58ritire3ov8d5krj1p@4ax.com>
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could explain why the same pov script produces
different looking images between 3.6 and 3.7 beta ? The images are :

http://www.piritipany.com/spiralramp.jpg   3.6 version

http://www.piritipany.com/spiralramp_v7.jpg   3.7beta version

The render settings are exactly the same.

The 3.6 version is better IMHO.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Rob Richards

Post a reply to this message

Rob Richards <ari### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I wonder if anyone could explain why the same pov script produces
> different looking images between 3.6 and 3.7 beta ? The images are :
>
> http://www.piritipany.com/spiralramp.jpg   3.6 version
>
> http://www.piritipany.com/spiralramp_v7.jpg   3.7beta version
>
> The render settings are exactly the same.
>
> The 3.6 version is better IMHO.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Cheers
> Rob Richards

assumed_gamma?

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

I should have checked the release notes! latest beta has gamma
correction on by default. That was the reason

Cheers
Rob

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:04:17 +0000, Rob Richards
<ari### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I wonder if anyone could explain why the same pov script produces
>different looking images between 3.6 and 3.7 beta ? The images are :
>
>http://www.piritipany.com/spiralramp.jpg   3.6 version
>
>http://www.piritipany.com/spiralramp_v7.jpg   3.7beta version
>
>The render settings are exactly the same.
>
>The 3.6 version is better IMHO.
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>
>Cheers
>Rob Richards