POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Need help with 3.7 Beta : Re: Need help with 3.7 Beta Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with 3.7 Beta
Date: 20 Jan 2009 09:50:00
Message: <web.4975e3a14362dd859335918f0@news.povray.org>
Dan Connelly <djc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> > It has been said multiple times in these groups that the release notes
> > are what you should be looking at for 3.7 *beta*. The download page also
> > tells you to read the release notes. Please do!
> >
> >     Thorsten
>

>          a) if "assumed_gamma 2.2" is present, gamma correction will be turned
>             OFF and a warning issued. the same thing will happen if the value
>             specified is not 2.2 but happens to be the default for the platform
>             setting given to POV-Ray when it was compiled (e.g. Windows is 2.2).

Sorry for the trivial question but
- I've tried ot used assumed_gamma 2.2 in the pov file
- I've tried ot used Display_Gamma=2.2 in the pov file
- I've tried to add it to the povray command-line "Display_Gamma=2.2"
- I've tried to add it to the povray command-line "Display_Gamma=2.2
File_Gamma=2.2" (like in scenes/incdemo/glasses/glass.pov)

Without any luck.

I've also searched the source code for it but so far i'm not expert in using the
defaults, but the changelog mentions "Added "File_Gamma" INI option" which i
have not found at the moment.

Any hint?

Thanks a lot in advance.