POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:40:27 EDT (-0400)
  Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought (Message 21 to 30 of 31)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought
Date: 7 Jun 2024 21:05:00
Message: <web.6663ae21e8b973141f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Jonathan Bush" <djb### [at] gmxcom> wrote:

> I have a question about the error message Yesbird encountered. It says "possible
> parse error" but I don't find any difference in the 3.8 user manual in its
> description of a text object. I also do not see the error message say that the
> render halted. Was the render halted? If not, why not let it run and see what
> happens?

See here:

https://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3C60cb7ab5%241%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C60cb7ab5%241%40news.povray.org%
3E

Post a reply to this message

From: Jonathan Bush
Date: 7 Jun 2024 22:05:00
Message: <web.6663bb36e8b973146e558a71fde6c206@news.povray.org>
OK I found the bug; apparently the color of text objects must be specified.
I modified L01text.inc and upgraded the #version directive to 3.8 in
L01game.pov.

If you still have the frames from your first run, you could move the first 420
of them into the /frames4K/animated/ folder here. They are all the same pure
text screen. Then run the command

povray +SF421 L01game.pov

to save yourself a few minutes.

Post a reply to this message